There are many and varied opportunities for people to migrate to Australia as sponsored employees.  All employer sponsored visas are now eligible to be lodged online. The visa options for migration to Australia as a sponsored employee include the following:

A Temporary Skills Shortage visa (482) will allow the primary visa holder to live and work for an employer sponsor in Australia for between 2 and 4 years. The spouse of the visa holder is unlimited in their work rights. There are three stages to this category of visa:

Stage 1 - Sponsorship
This stage is specifically designed to assess whether the sponsor is an eligible sponsor.  An eligible sponsor can nominate more than one position under the sponsorship and this will depend upon your requirements and the size of the sponsoring organization.

Stage 2 - Nomination
The nomination is the assessment of the position you are seeking to fill. There are some core criteria in relation to Temporary Sponsored Migration Income Thresholds (TSMIT) and market salary levels and minimum skills required.  The length of the visa granted,and whether it will be a pathway to permanent residency for the candidate, will depend upon the nature of the position and where it sits on the Skilled Occupations List.  I can provide advice specific to your needs in this regard.

Stage 3 - Visa Application
This is the final step required.  This will examine the skills of the visa applicant in comparison to the nomination, ensuring that the visa applicant is suitably skilled to fill the role nominated.
The Employer Nomination Scheme is another employer sponsored visa, which is for major metropolitan areas.

Much of the criteria is similar to that of the RSMS visa in that the primary applicant must meet minimum skill and language criteria, and also have a 2 year contract with their employer, however it is a requirement under the ENS that the visa holder either holds a 457 or 482 visa for a minimum of 2 or 3 years first, or that they have a skills assessment, and at least 3 years relevant work experience.

Other Working Visas

Working Holiday Visas

There are opportunities for working holiday makers to apply for a Working Holiday Visa. In addition there are options to extend a Working Holiday Visa by an additional 12 months.  However the applicant must have spent a minimum period working in specified employment in regional Australia. 

Skilled Visas

There are a number of Skilled Visas available for permanent residency. These visas are subject to points testing and I will assess your individual situation.

There are many and varied opportunities for people to migrate to Australia.  Some of these options include:

Other Working Visas

Family Visas

There are numerous opportunities for Australian residents and citizens to sponsor their family members to migrate to Australia. 
Some of the main category visas are:

A spouse visa has unlimited work and study rights.  
Depending upon your particular circumstances, you can either apply directly for permanent residence, or you will need to apply for a temporary spouse visa first.
A fiancé visa has unlimited work and study rights.  
A fiancé visa allows you to come to Australia for a period of 9 months, specifically so that you can get married. You must marry and lodge an application for a spouse visa before 9 months has passed.

You must be able to evidence that you have a genuine intention to marry and have a shared life together.  
In addition you must show that you have met personally and are known to each other. 
The country where you live will be where you lodge your application.
You can apply for these categories in two ways, either a 2 year temporary visa, followed by a further application for permanent residency, or proceed directly to permanent residency. 

You will need to be sponsored by your child, who must have been a permanent resident or citizen in Australia for at least 2 years prior to the application being lodged.  You must also meet the "balance of family test" which means that more of your children must be in Australia than not. For example, if one of your children lives in Australia, and 2 of them live in your home country, you will not meet this test, however if you have one child in Australia, one in your home country and one in a third country, you will meet this test.

The contributory parent visa is a much faster assessment than the standard categories of parent visas because there are contributions that must be paid in order for a visa to be granted. 

There is also an assurance of support required for a permanent visa for both of these pathways.
There are opportunities for parents who can not afford to the substantial contributions for the contributory parent visa, and there are also categories for aged parents. 
The processing times for the non-contributory subclasses can be significantly longer than the contributory subclasses.
A child is eligible for a visa if they have a parent who is an Australian permanent resident or citizen. 

They must be dependent on that parent, which means that they must be either under the age of 18 years, or are studying full time and are not married with any children of their own, and you are fully responsible for their cost of living, support, and other similar criteria.

Nicola Baker
Registered Migration Agent. MARN 0210839. JP (Qual.)
Ph: +61 417929382
E: nicola@migrationpathways.com.au